Having access to the internet meant it was fairly easy for me to carry out the research section of my coursework. I could search my intended genre of music on 'Google', which allowed me to come across different artists within this genre. I then searched these artists on 'Youtube' to get an idea of what their music videos. Youtube was fantastic for what I was doing, it allowed me pick and choose any videos that I wanted and it had everything that I wanted to search for. Once I had found they video I wanted. I had the options of pausing and re-watching the videos; which ensured I didn't miss anything and could take down notes while watching the video.
To get an understanding of what the target audience for my genre were expecting I used social networking sites such as 'Facebook', 'Twitter' and 'Tumblr'. Here I could ask people what they thought of certain elements, whether it was a video or print product. It was a very efficient way of interacting with people, especially as my target audience consisted of the younger generation who spend a lot of their free time on these sites. However it was difficult to find members of my intended target audience as I did not have many friends who listened to this type of music, which created a bit of a limit in the audience research.
The planning process was essential if I wanted my video to be a success. With the use of time toast - an online resource that creates timelines, I managed to stick to a schedule which ensured everything was done on time. I could also access this time line from any computer and at any time which was very efficient. The use of Word allowed me to create different tables, for example tables of props and costumes that I need, I then used email to send this to the cast members.
Blogger was a very big part of the overall process, however it specifically helped during the planning stage. Every little thing that I did towards the planning of the video I put into my blog, this meant that I could go back and remind myself but it also allowed the other people involved in the video to know what was going on and stay up to date.
Similar to blogger my mobile phone (iphone 5s) played a massive role in the planning stage. Due to the introduction of this technological convergence I could take pictures of different locations, props etc and then upload them to my blog using the blogger app. I could also send these images via text message to everyone who was involved with the video.
During the making of the print production I used my own camera to capture the images of the model for the advertisement and album cover. This camera was a Nikon d1300 DSLR, due to it being a DSLR I had much more control over how the images were captured. I used manual focus when taking the photographs as it allowed me to control the depth of field much more.
I then used Photoshop to create the actual prints. The main tools I used within Photoshop were: The crop tool, this ensured I was only using the part of the image I wanted, creating an overall professional effect. I also used the spot healing brush tool which meant I could get rid of any blemishes or unusual colouring within the model's face. As the lighting in my picture was fairly dramatic in the images, I wanted to increase this further; therefore I used the dodge and burn tool to bring out the original shadows and highlights more. To create the reflection effect on the 'Gravity' text I duplicated it and then decreased the opacity. I chose to put a pink overlay on both of the print products, this ensured that they looked coherent. I chose to use the 'Fresco' filter on this overlay to create texture.
For the actual music video I used a Panasonic 1080i Full HD camera, this ensured that a good clear video would be captured. When filming I chose to use a tripod to make it steady, I also used the zoom tool of the video camera instead of manually moving the camera itself; this meant for a clear transition.
The video was edited and created on Adobe Premiere Pro. I chose to use fairly simple tools within this programme as I did not want to over do the video. The obvious tools I used were the cut tool and the drag tool to put each clip where I desired. I also used the cross dissolve and superimposition tools to create a smooth transition between each clip. However I think my knowledge of this programme limited my ability to fully experiment with different tools, I definitely believe that the idea of Technological determinism played a role in the making of my video as there were some techniques I wanted to include but wasn't aware how too.
The increasing idea of Media 2.0 has allowed me to put my finished video on YouTube where other people can access it. This was great for my feedback during the evaluation. I asked some members of my intended audience to view the video on YouTube and then give me feedback via iMessage.
I chose to use a range of different programmes to present my evaluation as this would make it more interesting. Prezi and Powtoon are fairly similar programmes, they allowed me to attach images and a few sentences about each part of my evaluation. By using these programmes I could keep my evaluation brief so it didn't appear tedious but also ensure I was including all the important information.